The questions is… “Are you making the best decision for your family based on facts or hearsay?”
I don’t subscribe to the “Pro-vax/anti-vax” philosophies. This topic it’s NOT as black and white as that. Nor is it a reason to divide friendships or get offensive because somebody doesn’t agree with your stance. That’s NOT what I’m here to do.
What I do believe in is parents’ choice and informed decision making.
Probably most of us have heard our pediatricians say, “I believe vaccines are safe and that your child should get them.” And I believe that they whole-heartedly believe that because that is what they have been told by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics). In reality, doctors are busy and they simply don’t have a lot of time to do their own research on every topic that comes up in their practices, so they have to rely on what their “higher ups” are telling them.
In turn, parents often do the same thing. Either they don’t know where to look or don’t want to take the time to look for good information regarding everything that comes up in their children’s lives, so they trust that the doctors know what they are talking about. After all… They went to medical school; most of us didn’t.
All that being said, I am NOT here to tell you what you should do for YOUR family. I simply want to encourage you to take some time to inform yourself before you decide.
This past month, we were very blessed to be able to watch a free online showing of a new documentary series called “The Truth About Vaccines.” They kind of took a “devil’s advocate” role in the whole debate and looked very deeply into the benefits and risks of the individual vaccines as well as the vaccine manufacturing processes and the companies that make the vaccines.
When my husband and I were nearing the end of my pregnancy, we knew that “the vaccine issue” was fast approaching and that we had to make a decision before our baby was born… or so we thought. So we rented the only book I knew of that discussed vaccines and read it as fast as we could, then made our decision. Well… the problem with that is, we only saw one person’s perspective (though it was mostly unbiased, the way things were worded still played into our decision… things like “trace amounts” to describe how much neurotoxic ingredients are in specific vaccines). We made the best decision we could with the information we had available at the time.
So when this documentary came out, I was eager to glean some more information on the subject. And learn I did! After interviewing over 50 experts (medical doctors, researchers, scientists, lawyers, etc.) the information was compiled into 7 episodes covering a very broad spectrum of highly-debated topics. Some of the doctors did not vaccinate at all in their practices, some had developed alternative schedules that they believed were safer, but all of them had followed the CDC schedule at some point. So the experts that were interviewed had 2 sides of the story to share.
There is no way I could share EVERYTHING that I learned, and I don’t want to get into the nitty gritty of specific vaccines or anything like that. But I would like to share with you just a few of the things that I think everybody should be aware of before deciding what they are going to do for their child.
- First of all… did you know that vaccines are not required to go through safety testing the way medications are! In fact some of the current vaccines on the market have only been “tested” for less than a week before being distributed.
- Did you know that if a vaccine injures or even kills your child, you cannot sue the manufacturer? No accountability means they can do and add whatever they want to the vaccines because you can’t stop them.
- Once congress made it impossible for the manufacturers to be sued, suddenly there was a huge increase in the number of vaccines being given. Strangely enough… that is the same time that autism rates started skyrocketing. Currently, the autism rate is approximately 1/50 kids… 16 years from now, it is estimated that 1 in every 2 children will be on the autism spectrum! Makes you think, doesn’t it.
- Did you know that the Supreme Court ruled that all vaccines are legally defined as “unavoidably unsafe.”
- Did you know that many vaccines still contain thimerosal (mercury), and that if one of those vials is dropped, the entire building has to be evacuated and a hazmat team has to come in the clean up the spill… but they are okay injecting into your child.
- Did you know that the cost of each dose is based on a calculation of how much the industry will have to pay out when children are harmed or killed by it?
Now, I know that these all sound kind of biased, but that is not my intention. The way I see it, we have all heard the “vaccines are safe,” “vaccines prevent such-and-such disease,” “vaccines all but eliminated _____ disease.” So I don’t feel like I need to go into the benefits of vaccines. Yes, they have eliminated some diseases, etc. etc. etc. We know that. What we don’t know is the risks that come with eliminating those diseases and the risk of the additional ingredients that are being given to us and our children (like aluminum, allergens like eggs and nuts–study how allergies are developed and why this is a huge problem, MCR-5 among others–these are aborted HUMAN baby tissues, and several animal tissues and DNA strands)
I am not against vaccines as a theory. However, I am against the way our government hides the second side of the story… how they are not letting parents make their own decisions based on ALL the information.
There is no shame in re-evaluating your decision. Your child will not be harmed if you delay the next dose until you have had time to research more and make a decision. I wish we had realized that when we were deciding.
All medical interventions have risks. If you are going under anesthesia… there is a risk. If you are taking medication… there is a risk. If you decide to decline a surgery or medication… there is a risk. No matter what you decide, there is a risk.
You can choose whichever way you want… fully vaccinate by the CDC schedule, partially vaccinate, delay vaccinate, don’t vaccinate… it’s really none of my business. That’s a personal decision. But what I can’t live with is knowing all this information and not at least urging you to do your homework before making that decision. I know we are busy, but what is more important… researching for the sake of your child’s health or watching your favorite TV show?
So I ask that you do these four things… as publicly or privately as you wish:
- Familiarize yourself with vaccine ingredients and doses… learn what’s in it and what it does to the body.
- Learn the benefits of vaccinating vs. not vaccinating.
- Once you’ve made your decision, find a pediatrician that will support you… whichever way you decide.
- Never stop learning! Don’t be afraid to adjust your position when new options or new information comes around. We did!
We all want safe, healthy kids… that’s the real issue here. So it’s not “Pro-Vax” or “Anti-Vax”… the real question is this: What are you basing your decision on–did you do your homework before deciding?